Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988
- Any organization that receives a federal contract of $100,000 or more
- Any organization receiving a federal grant of any size
At a minimum, such organizations must:
- Prepare and distribute a formal drug-free workplace policy statement. This statement should prohibit the manufacture, use, and distribution of controlled substances in the workplace and spell out the specific consequences of violating this policy.
- Establish a drug-free awareness program. This program should inform employees of the dangers of workplace substance use, review the requirements of the organization's drug-free workplace policy, and offer information about any counseling, rehabilitation, or employee assistance programs (EAPs) that may be available.
- Ensure that all employees working on the federal contract understand their reporting obligations. Under the terms of the Drug-Free Workplace Act, an employee must notify the employer within five calendar days if convicted of a criminal drug violation.
- You can download here 49 CFR Part 26 Sample Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program.
Why Crossroads Drug And Alcohol Testing
Crossroads Drug and Alcohol Testing knows that for a prime contractor, this is just a shortlist of the requirements you look for in a sub-contractor.
▪ Flexibility ▪ Creative thinking
▪ Quick decision making ▪ Strong Managerial skills
▪ Relationship builders ▪ Persistence
▪ Leaders who can follow ▪ Good listeners
▪ Strong drug testing industry knowledge ▪ Problem solvers
Crossroads can make quick decisions without the hassle of red tape. We care for your business like we would our own business. Education and training are continuous processes for our technicians and staff.
Certificate Certifying Agency
DBE Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
DBE California Unified Certification Program
EBE Department of General Services
LBE City of Los Angeles
MBE California Unified Certification Program
MBE Southern California Minority Supplier Diversity Council
MBE Supplier Clearing House
SBE Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
SBE California Unified Certification Program
SBE Department of General Services
VSBE Department of General Services