Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration regulation 49 CFR Part 199 applies to pipeline operator employees located within the territory of the United States, including those employees located within the limits of the “Outer Continental Shelf. “
The term “outer Continental Shelf” means all submerged lands lying seaward and outside of the area of lands beneath navigable waters as defined in section 1301 of this title, and of which the subsoil and seabed appertain to the United States and are subject to its jurisdiction and control; in the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (43 U.S.C. 1331).
- This part does not apply to any person for whom compliance with this part would violate the domestic laws or policies of another country.
- This part does not apply to covered functions performed on the following:
- Master meter systems, as defined in §191.3 of this chapter; or
- Pipeline systems that transport only petroleum gas or petroleum gas/air mixtures.
PHMSA Employee Category Tested
A person who performs on a pipeline or liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility, including contractors, in the capacity of:
• Emergency-response function
PHMSA Substances test for
• Opioids (expanded)
• Amphetamine and Methamphetamine
• Phencyclidine – PCP
PHMSA Types of required testing
• Pre-employment drug testing
• Pre-employment alcohol testing (optional)
• Random drug testing
• Post-accident drug testing
• Reasonable cause drug testing
• Follow-up drug testing
Order Drug Test
When you purchase a drug test, please be sure to provide your email address, name, street address, and phone number. The purchaser will receive an email with the testing location and testing instructions barcoded. You can print the barcode or take it into the facility on your phone for scanning. We use the street address to find the nearest location for testing or to ship the instant drug test kit to. We will contact you by phone if necessary.